SUMP PUMP INSTALLATION AND REPLACEMENT
When is the last time you replaced your sump pump?
We install and replace sump pumps and battery back-up systems in new construction and existing properties.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How often should I replace my Sump Pump?
Replace your sump pump BEFORE it goes out! Sump pumps that run intermittently should be replaced at least every 10 years. If your sump pumps runs daily, more frequent replacement may be necessary.
What is a Battery back-up system?
If your power goes out during a storm, your sump pump will stop working without a battery back-up system. If you basement is finished, a battery back-up becomes a necessity, not a luxury, to prevent expensive water damage and timely clean-up.
How do I know if my Sump Pump is working?
Use a garden hose to fill the pit with water and make sure it turns on at the intended level.
How do I maintain my new Sump Pump?
1. Lift the float switch.
2. Remove all debris from the bottom of the pit.
3. Remove all debris from the water.
4. Remove all debris from the float switch.
5. Fill the pit with water. Make sure the pump turns on at the intended level.
6. While the pump is running, make sure the pump is evacuating water at a good pace and water is coming out of the 1/8” air bleed hole.
7. Remove the fluid sensor and cap from the battery and rinse any residue buildup from the bottom of the battery cap. Replace the cap and fluid sensor.
8. Check battery fluid levels.
Can Sump Pumps discharge to the City Sewer?
Most cities in Minnesota prohibit sump pump discharge to the city sewer. Check with your individual city for local rules. Or leave that to us if we install or replace the pump.